Heat Pump Water Heater
This water heater manufactured by Sanden in Japan offers best-in-class efficiency and noise performance, a stainless steel tank, and a Gen3 4.5kw/15,800Btu/h heat pump. This system is ideal for high performance homes and multifamily buildings.
The Sanden SANCO2 Heat Pump Water Heater is a highly energy efficient alternative to traditional electric or gas water heaters. It absorbs heat from the outside air to heat water – saving energy, saving money and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. While keeping interior absolutely quiet, ideal for Passive Houses and other airtight homes.
UNIQUE LOW-GWP CO2 REFRIGERANT
Heat pump water heaters commonly use synthetic refrigerants, such as R410A or R134A. Although these refrigerants do not deplete the ozone layer, they can have a significant impact on global warming. The CO2 refrigerant uniquely used in the SANCO2 system has an extremely low Global Warming Potential*, and CO2, a natural refrigerant, does not deplete the ozone layer either.
OVER 70% LESS ELECTRICITY
The SANCO2 system uses an inverter-type compressor, DC fan motor and pump located on exterior. This design minimizes energy consumption, maximizes water-heating capacity, and allows for faster recovery, resulting in significantly lower operating costs than electric-resistance storage water heaters or conventional heat pump water heaters.
FLEXIBLE 2-PIECE SYSTEM
The tank is installed indoors and the heat pump outdoors (up to 50 feet away) with only water piping connections required between the two. This flexible SANCO2 design offers several advantages including maintaining comfortable indoor air temperatures (unlike conventional heat pump water heaters that ’steal’ heat from the indoor air), along with eliminating interior noise.
119 gallon tank provides:
- 158 gallons in first hour delivery
- Sized for higher use homes, offices and apartment buildings and combi systems setup
- 101 gallons in first hour delivery
- Sized for homes with up to 5+ occupants
43 gallon tank provides:
- 71 gallons in first hour delivery
- Sized for homes with up to 2-4 occupants
– 4x more efficient than traditional electric water heaters
– Allows use of off-peak power rates
– Greater first hour rating than all other heat pump water heaters
– Faster recovery after hot water draw
– Corrosion-resistant stainless steel tank
– 3-year labor, 10-year parts heat pump warranty; 15-year tank warranty
EXTENDED OPERATING RANGE
– Hot water production down to -20°F & below
– Up to 175°F delivered hot water temperature
– No need for a back up electric element in the storage tank
– Small radiant heat loop can be feed of system as well
– Whisper-quiet noise level (37dB) – outside! Inside, no noise
– Slimline heat pump design for a reduced footprint
- Sanden SANCO2 Brochure
- Energy Star Certificate
- EnergyGuide Rating - 83 Gallon
- EnergyGuide Rating Label - 43 Gallon
- Sanden SANCO2 Owners' Manual
- Sanden SANCO2 Installation Guide
- Sanden Warranty Policy
Related Blog Posts
- SANDEN SANCO2: The Water Heater to End All Water Heaters