INTELLO Plus is a smart vapor retarder that provides a first class air barrrier for thermal insulation in roofs, walls and floors. More importantly it gives structural systems a previously unachievable degree of protection from structural damage (from condensation), even under extreme climatic conditions, due to its intelligent vapor retarding properties.
Intello is installed as part of a system of airtightness for your enclosure. Use TESCON VANA to tape the INTELLO overlaps and airseal holes. Use 475’s gaskets and sealants to airseal duct, pipe and wire penetrations through Intello.
• Vapor closed flat/green-roofs
• Unvented pitched roofs (asphalt shingles, OSB sheathing, valleys covered by ice&water shield)
• Mixed humid climates with cold winters and air-conditioning requirements in summer
• Extreme climates such as in high mountain regions or very cold/arctic conditions
Offers the largest vapor variable range available – it additionally opens up at the right moment
• Perm rate from 13.20 to <0.13 (Sd value from 0.25 m to >25 m)
• Offers high diffusion tightness in winter (<0.13 Perm, protection against condensation)
• Maximum diffusion openness in summer (13.2 Perm, facilitates rapid drying to the interior)
• Especially suitable for structures with lower permeability on the exterior which are difficult to protect from condensation (flat or grass roofs or metal siding/sheathing etc)
• Works with wide range of insulation materials, including fiberglass, BIBS, mineral wool and many others.
• Translucent – allows dense packed blown-in cellulose insulation to be inspected after installation
— Use TESCON VANA Patches to cover holes from blown-in insulation
• Lightweight and easy to install, especially compared to OSB/Plywood
• Fully recyclable
• Air permeance per ASTM E2178 0.00005cfm/ft2
• Class A material per ASTM E84 test (0 FS, 35 SDI)
• PHI Class A Passive House Component Certificate
When exposure of INTELLO Plus to UV and rain cannot be avoided/minimized, because of scheduling/design constraints – use INTELLO X, which has same smart vapor retarding properties, but is rated for 2 month exterior exposure and is waterproof.
Available roll sizes: