Lightway is the ideal product to bring daylight into attics, hallways and closets that are located below roofs in Passive Houses. Made with CO2 blown XPS (low Global warming potential) and it’s integrated, fully over-insulated double pane glass, makes this thermal bridge free element ideal for daylighting passive houses and high performance buildings.
When combing with the Lightway pitched roof or flatroof 300 series – it removes the conventional issues associated with Solar Tubes: thermal bridges. This minimizes heat loss, eliminates condensation and does this in an air tight manner.
Technical data with BP unit installed:
• U-value=0.105 BTU/sf*F – 0.6 W/(m2.K) – value of the whole system
• Insulation glass: double layer glass 4-16-4 (Argon filled)
• Thermal insulation: Polystyrene XPS
• Thickness of thermal insulation: 4.7” (120 mm)
• Blue Performance insulated unit 13-3/4″x18-1/2″ – 4.75″ thick
• Connector pieces to fit to LW 300 diffuser and pipe
• Pipe extends 2-13/16″ above and below insulation for easy installation