Lothar Moll, the founder and CEO of Pro Clima and inventor of Germany’s own award-winning line of high performance Pro Clima airsealing tapes and membranes, visited us here in the US for a whirlwind trip. Among other topics, he discussed high performance historic masonry retrofits, inboard airtightness, exterior windtightness, and designing complete building enclosure systems that protect against structural damage and mold.
The 475 Team would like to thank the many building professionals who came out to join us on our compact and ambitious tour schedule. In less than a week we completed 6 speaking events attended by over 100 architects, engineers, and Passive House enthusiasts, while also stopping for interviews, and viewing several construction sites between Boston and Washington DC. Thank you also to our gracious event hosts: the Trespa Design Centre New York, AIA Baltimore, Intus Windows in Washington DC, and the Philadelphia Center for Architecture.
We want to share Lothar’s actual presentations:
- 1- Performance and Effectiveness (for each region visited)
- 2- High Quality Execution of Airtightness Systems
- 3- Mechanisms of Moisture Transport – nonporous versus porous structures
- 4-Lothar Moll on Health and Mobile Communications
And a few snapshots from the tour:
It was Lothar and Lueder’s first trip to these US regions and it was very good for them to be able to see actual US building construction, and to talk through details onsite. Particularly important was the realization that so many existing building exist that will need to be retrofitted and how important the retrofit technologies and techniques are to our building industry.
People often asked: “Will the tape adhesion last?” Lothar was pleased to report that not only have the tapes been on actual job sites functioning as designed for over 17 years, but that they have passed independent accelerated age testing for 50 years, and have just completed 100-year testing that shows the adhesion still working per requirements. The tapes and membranes are clearly built to last. Pro Clima has new products coming our way… you’ll hear more about them soon.
- Lothar Moll on physics, ecology, and building enclosures
- How to install dense-pack cellulose with Intello Plus airtight membrane
- INTELLO Plus: airtight in the lab for ASTM 2178 and onsite
- The INTELLO Primer
- The possibilities (and Dangers) of Interior Insulation (part 1)
- The possibilities (and Dangers) of Interior Insulation – What R-values can you (safely) achieve (part 2)
- SOLITEX MENTO 1000 performs well in ASTM tests and exceeds AC38 requirements
- Pro Clima’s membrane, tapes and adhesive performed best in the Test.de