When you need to ventilate a single small room, including bathrooms, the Lunos eGO is the solution. The eGO is an all-in-one room ventilation system with a built-in regenerative heat recovery core. It operates using the same tried-and-trusted balanced ventilation with heat recovery as the Lunos e², but with the eGO both the supply and exhaust functions are combined in the same compact unit.
This is accomplished by effectively splitting the unit down the middle with separate dedicated smaller fans for the simultaneous supply and exhaust functions. The exterior and interior grilles are also split, with supply and exhaust functions pointed in opposite directions – preventing short-circuiting and providing proper circulation.
The Lunos eGO is a through-wall dual fan unit, with a split ceramic regenerative heat exchanger. Operating as a single unit system, the dual fans provide continuous ventilation within a space without the need for duct-work and are installed directly in the exterior wall. The fan’s regenerative core is charged by the oscillation of fan direction. During each cycle, fans take turns exhausting indoor air, which charges the regenerative core. Air flow then reverses and incoming air absorbs the stored heat at 85% tested efficiency.
This animated diagram demonstrates how the e² and eGO operate together as a decentralized system:
The basic specifications are:
- Ventilation rates: 3-12 CFM in heat recovery mode, up to 27 CFM in exhaust mode
- Sound levels: 16.8db – 24.0dB – 38.1dB and 38.1dB in exhaust mode
- Heat recovery efficiency: 85% (tested with DIN 308 / DIBt protocol)
- Humidity recovery: 20%
- Specific fan efficiency: 0.17 – 0.2 Wh/m3 (0.29 (W/cfm)
- Filter: G3 (MERV 5) or optional pollen F5 (MERV 9-10)
- Includes one controller. One ego may be connected per each controller.
- Installation sleeve included – can be pre-installed in wall before insulating/during construction
- The only heat recovery ventilation system that can convert to exhaust mode – without the need for ducts and balancing, with specific fan efficiency that is second to none.
- HRV diameter: 150mm ~ 5.9”
- HRV length: 243mm ~ 9.6”
- Min. wall thickness: 300mm ~ 11.8”
- Core bore: 160mm ~ 6.3″
You can purchase the eGo here.
- The Lunos e² Primer
- 475 Presentation: Decentralized High Efficiency Ventilation
- Lunos e² Testimonials
- No Freezing Means No Defrost Mode for Lunos e² High-Efficiency Ventilation