Traditionally skylights have demanded compromise – you installed skylights to get the coveted daylight and sky views, but invariably sacrificed thermal comfort and energy efficiency. No more.
Meet the FTT U6 Thermo manufactured by Fakro. Supplied to the US market by 475 High Performance Building Supply, the FTT U6 Thermo skylight offers a high-performance solution that provides traditional daylight and views while matching the high-performance goals of the rest of your building enclosure.
With solid wood frames, triple-glazing with argon gas fill, the skylights provide a glass Uvalue of 0.089 BTU/hr °F ft² (0.5w/m2k) or R11 and an Uwindow from 0.14 BTU/hr °F ft² (0.81w/m2k) or R7.
Glass is next generation triple pane – with optimized 3/4″ (18mm) chambers in between panes, two low-e coatings, visual transmittance of 0.59 and a SHGC of 44%.
Triple gasketing with rubber seals provides building enclosure air barrier continuity.
In addition to insulative (thermal and acoustic) excellence, Fakro skylights:
- Help control solar heat gain in summer with optional integrated exterior retractable mesh shades.
- Have an innovative center pivot for operability, allowing access to exterior shading device.
- Provide protection against burglary with toughened and laminated glass layers with multi-point locking hardware.
- Wood is FSC certified
- Skylights are readily available in two standard sizes (approx.): 21″x 38″ and 31″x 46″.
- Optional manufactured curbs with a 20% pitch – to ensure proper water drainage at flat roof installations are available.
- Other sizes, electronic controls and quadruple-glazing are available by special order and 12 week lead time.
Don’t compromise. Get daylight and comfort, efficiently. Get Fakro FTT U6 Thermo triple pane skylights. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.