Sign up below. Join us for this upcoming event on the importance of building enclosure airtightness and how to achieve it.
Make it Tight: Building Enclosure Airtightness Training
February 22, 2016
Location: Earth Advantage
623 SW Oak St., Suite 300
Portland, OR 97205
In this four hour comprehensive introduction to building airtightness and air sealing, attendees will gain detailed knowledge about:
- Why an air barrier is critical to high-performance construction – with an in-depth discussion of the supporting building science. From energy efficiency to health to prevention of moisture damage, the essential importance of airtightness is one of the best kept secrets in construction today and this session will unravel the myths and provide clear explanations.
- What is an air barrier and what are air barrier standards today – including a comprehensive look at the materials and components used in making air barriers. From sheathing, to membranes, caulking, tapes and gaskets, there is a growing array of products to choose from and we’ll discuss them all and how they can help hit the airtightness numbers you need and keep it that way.
- How to design an air barrier – uncovering the complete process and critical decisions needed to optimize chances for success. Should the air barrier be outboard or inboard; how are the walls connected to the roof; what design decisions will make airtightness easier to achieve or harder. How do the materials and components go together and how to describe it in a way that helps the contractor make the airtight system a reality on site.
- How to construct and test an air barrier – describing implementation of design with real world examples of both new build and retrofit construction. We’ll see what is working well and what is not for different construction types. Then look at the tools and methods for testing airtightness and delivering quality assurance.
The course is approved for professional continuing education credits:
– 4 AIA LU|HSW credits| 2 BPI CEU
Purchase tickets soon – space is limited.