475 High Performance Building Supply Returns and Refund Policies
Inspect items immediately upon receipt, do not discard packaging materials and take photos of the damaged boxes before opening them. Whether damage is concealed and not discovered until after you have received and signed for the pallet, or not, please take the following photos to support your claim:
- 1st PICTURE: A photo of the overall pallet/box
- 2nd PICTURE: A close up photo of the damage(s)
- 3rd PICTURE: If there is noticeable damage to any of the packaging, please take photos before unwrapping the items.
- Please keep packaging until items are inspected for damage. Please note visible damage on delivery receipts.
- Report items damaged in shipping within 48 hours of receipt by phone to 800-995-6329, to arrange for return & replacement and/or return & refund.
Pallet shipments special notices:
- Do not sign for delivery until you have time to inspect the shipment for damages.
- Please inspect the pallet carefully when it is delivered. If there is noticeable damage, please note this on the Bill of Lading and contact us right away (800-995-6329), before the truck leaves. Please take a photo of the state of the pallet and of any visible damage.
USPS Priority special notices:
- USPS shipments do not include insurance for damage or loss
- Please request insurance if desired by calling (800-995-6329) or emailing us, directly after ordering. If no insurance is requested, 475 cannot be held responsible for damage or loss to USPS shipments.
How to Return:
Ship items to be returned to, with return authorization number (RA#):
475 High Performance Building Supply
334 Douglass Street
Brooklyn, NY 11217
All returns must be made within 30 days of receiving the item(s) and must include the RA#.
In the event of a defect, damage or wrong item sent, we will refund the purchase price including shipping, if we can not replace or repair the product.
If you change your mind after you receive your order, order too much or order the wrong product(s), we will refund the purchase price, minus shipping and a restocking fee (15%). For ProClima and Lunos products, if your item(s) are not one or more of the following:
- more than 30 days have passed since order was shipped
- items which are unsaleable due to lack of original packaging or completeness
- items which have been opened, used, damaged, cut, modified, installed or applied
- returned without an RA#
No returns will be accepted for orders of Bewiso, Fakro, Havelock, Lamilux, Lightway, Retrotec, or Gutex products, or any order deemed “custom”. If you are unsure of whether returns are possible with your order, please inquire before placing the order.
Once we receive your item(s), a refund is initiated promptly and we will issue a refund in the form of check from 475 High Performance Building Supply, which will be mailed to your billing address. Please allow about 30 business days to receive your check from the time we receive you return.
475 may choose to allow store credit to be assigned as part of a refund or return. Store credit on the site must be used within 18 months of the date it is assigned to customer account. Store credit coupons are automatically set to expire after 18 months have passed.
Keep in mind it’s always wise to keep some extra product, such as a roll of tape or some membrane for future repairs or replacement. If at the end of your job you have extra materials, consider giving them as a charitable donation to such organizations as Habitat for Humanity, or use the tape to fix jackets, shoes etc.