Intro To TESCON PROFECT
A Pre-Folded Tape That Makes Perfect Corners
Based on Pro Clima's proven tape technologies, TESCON PROFECT gives architects and contractors a new important tool to make airtight connections at inside corners, quickly and precisely. TESCON PROFECT is delivered pre-folded in the roll of tape - with only one leg of release paper. This allows for fast application, tight to an inside corner, without the need to first remove an initial release paper. Only upon application of the second leg of the tape, is the release paper removed. Create easy-to-install corner connections in the same method used for PROFIL pre-made corners.
Roll width: 2” (50mm) folded at ~1/2"
Roll length: 98’-5” (30m)
The qualities of the tape itself are the same as TESCON PROFIL and VANA:
- Permanent airtight taped bonding of membrane overlaps. ProClima smart vapor retarders (INTELLO, DB+), airbarriers, Polyethelene, metal, aluminum foil, Pro Clima WRBs, housewraps and ZIP-system.
- Seals joints airtight between wood based panels (such as OSB and plywood).
- Vapor permeable, Perm 8 (Sd value:0.4m) for enhanced outward drying potential.
- Durable waterproof tape adhesion with reinforced ProClima acrylic PSA adhesive.
- In combination with TESCON Primers adheres to soft/porous wood insulation panels, concrete, sheetrock, rough OSB and brick.
- UV/weather resistant – 3 months of exposure.
- Very high adhesive strength
- No loss of adhesion in high humidity construction environments
- For air-tight sealing according DIN 4108-7
- Solvent free, no VOCs
- Fleece, polypropylene backing forms itself to slightly uneven substrate
The fleece backing, is strong but slightly stretchy. Combining puncture resistance (of finishing trim), with the ability to be formed/pressed into corners.