Welcome to the 475 Tape Performance Lab (aka our Brooklyn HQ presentation room). We ask a lot of our tape. It airseals the junctions between the components in our high performance assemblies, helps ensures safety from mold, and lasts forever. A good tape not only sticks, adheres, and makes the building airtight for years to come, but is also easy to install in adverse job site conditions. That’s why we put it to the test. Unlike the usual disclaimers: WE HOPE YOU TRY THIS AT HOME. Ask us for a sample piece if you’d like to replicate our experiments.
Today’s Question: Will Tescon Vana tape adhere to Solitex Mento 1000 weather resistive barrier if applied underwater?
Craig Toohey is heading up the Lab today. The first experiment will test the ability of our most popular and versatile tape, Tescon Vana, to perform on the wettest of job sites. Far wetter than any job site should be.
- Tape: TESCON VANA
- Membrane: SOLITEX MENTO 1000
- Submersion Vessel: INSTAABOX
- Tape Application tool: PRESSFIX
Want more info on Tescon Vana?
- Soaked By Rain, Vana Still Sticks
- 60 Second Intro to Tescon Vana
- What We Mean By Permanently Airtight
- The Pro Clima Warranty: Comprehensive, Transparent, Fair
- Tescon Vana Achieves Declare Label